1. Hotel George
15, E street, NW, Washington, DC 20001
2. Cannon House Office Building, Cannon Caucas Room
27 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC 20003
Please use the visitor entrance; a staff member will guide you to the conference room.
3. Folger Shakespeare Library
201 E Capitol St SE, Washington, DC 20003
Please use the entrance on the right hand side of the building
4. The U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Meeting room HVC201
First St NE, Washington, DC 20515
When entering the building, please direct yourself to the statue of John L. “Jack” Swiggert (astronaut). You will find the entrance door to the US House of Representatives Meeting Rooms right behind it. Before entering the Capitol Visitor Center, all visitors are screened by a magnetometer and any items permitted inside the building are screened by an x-ray device.
The following items are strictly prohibited in the Capitol Visitor Center:
- Liquid, including water
- Food or beverages of any kind, including fruit and unopened packaged food
- Aerosol containers
- Non-aerosol spray (Prescriptions for medical needs are permitted.)
- Any pointed object, e.g. knitting needles and letter openers (Pens and pencils are permitted.)
- Any bag larger than 18” wide x 14” high x 8.5” deep – to store bags/luggage near the venue, please read below
- Electric stun guns, martial arts weapons or devices
- Guns, replica guns, ammunition, and fireworks
- Knives of any size
- Mace and pepper spray
- Razors and box cutters
Please note that the U.S. Capitol Police are authorized to make exceptions if a prohibited item is determined to be necessary and required to serve child care, medical or other special needs. If you have questions, please call the Office of Congressional Accessibility Services at +22.214.171.12448
5. Capitol Hill Club
300 First St SE, Washington, DC 20003
If you would like to store your luggage near to the venue, we have a hospitality agreement with the Capitol Hill Club during the conference.
The club is located near the Cannon building and the Capitol Visitors Centre. Your luggage will be supervised from 8am until 6pm on 27th October and from 8am until 5pm on 28th October.